Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy mother's day to all the mother's out there. I have a full day planned for myself. I'll be helping a friend paint a room in her summer home. I have to be back in time to help decorate for the teen church group that I've just begun helping out with. It's a new volunteer project that I will be helping with.

Somewhere in there, I have to have a quick visit with my mother and then it's off to church and then the Life night with the teens. I'll probably need a day off just to keep up.

Since I last posted, I've spoken to the company owner across the hall from where I work. I heard through the grapevine that his secretary left. He told me she's on stress leave. I asked if I can apply for the position. I can, after six weeks. That's when she's supposed to come back...but he doesn't want her back.

My reputation as a hard worker is what makes him want me for the job. I also know that he's a dedicated boss and mine isn't. It's been truly annoying practically running this place...it's like having your own company with your hands tied behind your back. It's not for me. I never asked for it and I don't want it. It's only going to get worse because my other boss, his brother, is planning on leaving to become a policeman...so it will only get more hectic from there.

I have to make the move now, I feel. If I don't, I never will. I feel I can get the same options at this new company as I have at my old job plus I get benefits which I don't at mine...I've already let him know that I plan on starting my own company but I'll need to talk to him to work out any details.

I figure, I'll use these six weeks to get my business set up with advertising, website, business cards, promotional materials, etc. Plus, I want to make a list of people to contact to let them know that I'm out there. Set everything up, and then wait and see. It's a scary prospect but I'm excited about putting everything into play. I've got the Fast Track community to back me up and ask advice if I need it.

Not to mention, I have a lot and I do mean a lot of books to read. It could be overwhelming but I can't afford to think about it right now...I must move forward and onward.

Here's to a new adventure!

Della

No comments: