Friday, April 20, 2007

Entering a new venture

Well, this is a new venture for me...I've been hearing so much about blogging, I thought I'd give it a whirl. I think this might be a good way to record my progress on starting my home business.

I've already picked out a name of which, I might add is a little flexible as far as it doesn't limit me on what I can do.

My goal, is to open a home staging and re-decorating business for people who are too busy to get their homes ready to sell. Later on, I'd like to add a storefront where I can sell decorating accessories, etc.

I've always been interested in decorating but even more so over the past few years only because a realtor suggested one time that I become a house-fluffer. Of which, I had no idea what this was. I asked her, she said it was, 'a person who comes in and fluffs up your house to sell'.

I'd always known that I had different talents in painting, decorating, creative talents, sewing, etc. but I never knew that I could actually create a job for myself. So, I began to research and ask around.

Of course, fear has always played a factor in why I've taken so long to actually do something about it. Mind you, I have evolved over the last 2 or 3 years...and when I turned 40 on my last birthday, I felt hopeful about my future. I really feel that it's time for a change.

I've bought the Staging Diva's courses on starting a Home Staging business and also bought her ebook on creating a profile that will sell my business. I've also subscribed to other home staging newsletters and bought other ebooks regarding this subject. I figured if I could get well informed, it would boost my confidence.

I'm also in the process of taking an Intro to Interior Decorating course at my local community college.

I also love organizing as well, so of course, I also want to incorporate this into my business as well. I love taking chaos and turning it into something to be proud of. Especially if it makes someones life easier.

I've also got an ebook about starting an organizing business. I figured, you can never be too well informed.

I am finding it a little hard, working a full time job and trying to get this going but it's just a matter of getting focused and getting a plan in motion.

The Fast Track To Your Dreams community also helps...I've been listening to the teleclasses and reading some of the materials and I just have to grab the time when I can squeeze it in.

Here's to my progress!

No comments: