Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ah-hah moment!

I was having a migraine moment and decided to lay down and watch one of my homestaging dvd's while I waited for my headache to subside...I discovered something quite important! The dvd is Anne Maurice from the house doctor show based out of the UK. The section I was watching was on 'clutter'...I was laying there watching this and was thinking 'Oh, my God...that's me...that's me'...and I realized what she was saying was so true!

She talked about clutter taking over your life and keeping you stuck and not moving forward. Life becomes somewhat chaotic...you become overwhelmed and can't seem to get yourself to do things that you should be doing...and I realized that that's what's wrong in my life. I do have major amounts of clutter and my life is excessively busy and because I work a full time job, I'm unable to clear it up. Right now, I'm on vacation..I want to take care of it but I'm literally going in circles because I'm overwhelmed with it. I also feel like I'm running out of time to deal with it because I go back to work on Tuesday.

So, for now, I'm going to take a deep breath and tackle it one room at a time...it's all I can do in a situation like this. Also, I've decided to cut back on all the places I was supposed to attend this weekend...I've picked one thing and that'll have to do. Because really...going to all these things a) doesn't get things done for me and b) is a way of running away and avoiding what needs to get done!

It's funny though, I can literally go into someone elses house and take care of there clutter but when it comes to my own...it's really difficult. I guess it's because I have sentimental attachment to this 'stuff'. But Anne made some good points in how to deal with these things and hopefully I'll be able to apply them and make it work for me! I'll keep you all posted as to my progress!

Don't you just love 'ah-hah moments'?

~Della~

No comments: