Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's been a long time!

Well, it's been a long time since my last posting and thought I'd check in! Last time I was here, I was quite sick! I got better around the middle of March and it was a long slow recovery process!

During that time, I have realized that I have to slow down and try to listen to what my body is telling me...I don't always listen! I took an overview of my time and took a few things out and put in a few things that I enjoy and srengthened them, I guess you could say!

I ended up cutting the volunteering with the youth ministry out but adding the set-up of the night in...so I got put in charge of what's called the 'Environment Committee'...I come in and decorate the room geared to the topic of the night! I always loved this part of the volunteering anyway so I was so happy to be put in charge of it! I have a few women that I trust and can work with to help me out but most of the nights are my ideas and I put the props together. I fully enjoy it and I think the kids like it too!

The other day, I hit my one year anniversary to my new job...it's evolved a bit but my own business is still in the back of my mind! I did a lot of thinking while sick about the things that make me happy and passionate...I came up with making costumes and props and possibly making puppets! So, I thought of possibly having an internet site that I could make these and sell...possibly have a newsletter or something...it's still in the thinking stage but at least I feel like I'm making some progress! I'm kind of puttering with it but still having fun.

Right now, I'm planning my workroom area to my house...I've started getting it set-up and equipped so that I can work in there and get some things done before I get on the internet. I'm just excited about having a direction to go to. It makes a huge difference. I do a lot of research while at my job I have now when it's slow...it's nice having that luxury!

Well, hope all is well with the outside world! I'm still puttering but having fun...I'll try a little harder to keep posting more often...having a busy lifestyle doesn't always help this situation! I need to get more disciplined! Here's to being disciplined! :-)

~Della~

No comments: